Café Physique

If you struggle to maintain a healthy lifestyle or just don’t know where to start, Café Physique is a spot you can visit daily to get info on food & fitness from someone who lives by the More or Less Philosophy – Just do a little more of the good things & a bit less of the not-so-good things, and you’ll be on your way to achieving your healthy living goals. So, make yourself at home in this virtual café where you really can "have your cake and eat it too"...more or less.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I'm a 32 year old fitness professional with a passion for healthy living, a certified pilates instructor & personal trainer, and a member of IDEA Health & Fitness Association. I am also the owner of Cafe Physique, an Atlanta-based fitness and nutrition company specializing in studio and in-home personal training, Pilates, yoga and personalized nutrition counseling (www.CafePhysique.com). If this is your 1st time "dining" at Café Physique, please dig right in! Leave comments, ask questions and enjoy this Healthy Living experience.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Say Cheese!

Appetizer

While on your healthy living journey, it's important to pay less attention to the number on the scale and document your progress with pictures instead.


Main Course

By taking pictures at set intervals (ideally, every 4 - 6 wks), you can step back and see yourself the way others see you. Typically, your body starts showing visible signs of improvement before the scale catches up, so photos are excellent for self-esteem and showing others how far you've come. Everyone needs their own fan club!


Dessert
I would love to show my commitment to all of you and my belief in the power of pictures by posting a Before pic of me as an adult - before I started on my personal healthy living journey, but unfortunately, I don't have one. I didn't consciously avoid taking pictures during that time, but apparently my subconscious did because there are literally no pics of me as an "extra thick" chick.

However, I won't let you down here, so I've posted a Before pic from my chubby childhood. It was taken back when I occupied the role of the quintessential "big girl" in a school full of pre-pubescent skeletons with skin. The other pic is an After that a friend took of me one night in an empty parking garage.



















Labels: , , ,

BlinkList del.icio.us Digg it Furl ma.gnolia RawSugar Shadows Simpy Spurl Yahoo MyWeb


Google Reader or Homepage
del.icio.us Café Physique
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

myFeedster
Add to My AOL
Furl Café Physique
Subscribe in Rojo