Café Physique

If you struggle to maintain a healthy lifestyle or just don’t know where to start, Café Physique is a spot you can visit daily to get info on food & fitness from someone who lives by the More or Less Philosophy – Just do a little more of the good things & a bit less of the not-so-good things, and you’ll be on your way to achieving your healthy living goals. So, make yourself at home in this virtual café where you really can "have your cake and eat it too"...more or less.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I'm a 32 year old fitness professional with a passion for healthy living, a certified pilates instructor & personal trainer, and a member of IDEA Health & Fitness Association. I am also the owner of Cafe Physique, an Atlanta-based fitness and nutrition company specializing in studio and in-home personal training, Pilates, yoga and personalized nutrition counseling (www.CafePhysique.com). If this is your 1st time "dining" at Café Physique, please dig right in! Leave comments, ask questions and enjoy this Healthy Living experience.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

Appetizer
Make more of a commitment to your exercise goals by spending money that will be lost if you stop working out.

Main Course
The hardest part about exercising is not deciding what to do - it's actually sticking with it. Everyone is excited and motivated when they first start a new workout training schedule, but it's easy to lose passion over time.

Unless you're in the small minority of people who have more money than they know what to do with, the thought of totally wasting cash is properly motivating so "put your money where you mouth is."

Sign up for a fitness event (i.e. 10K, marathon, triathlon, charity walk, bodybuilding contest, etc.) in another state. Pay your registration, buy a plane ticket, book your hotel and take a couple of vacation days from work. By paying everything up front, you are investing in yourself and creating an environment where not training properly will hit you where it hurts - in your pocket.

Dessert
I'm not cheap, but I am discriminating about how I spend my money. When I wanted to jump-start my workouts, I signed up for a marathon in Virginia with one of my girlfriends. We paid the Early Bird registration fees, pre-paid for our hotel and requested the days off of work. We also told EVERYBODY about our plan to do the marathon - guaranteeing that we would be thoroughly ashamed if we backed out at the last minute.

This plan definitely worked for me. There was no way at all that I was going to forfeit that money just because I didn't feel like getting up early to train. Every time I thought about backing out, I remembered the money that I would lose and how bad I'd feel for letting my partner down since she was consistent with her training.

Labels: , , ,

BlinkList del.icio.us Digg it Furl ma.gnolia RawSugar Shadows Simpy Spurl Yahoo MyWeb


Google Reader or Homepage
del.icio.us Café Physique
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

myFeedster
Add to My AOL
Furl Café Physique
Subscribe in Rojo